Lake City, FL, VA Medical Center Visit - Monday, December 12th
We will be collecting supplies at the Sunday, December 4th, Toys for Tots Luncheon and we'll be traveling to the Lake City, FL VA Medical Center, which cares for veterans from North Florida and South Georgia, on Monday, December 12th. December 4th is the deadline for collecting supplies and cash donations for the December 12th VA Medical Center trip.
Below is the list of items being requested by the VA Medical Center:
- Lap Robes
- Coffee - 39 oz cans (ground)
- Comfort Items, to include Men's Deodorant, Men's Body Spray and Shaving Cream
- Crafts of ANY KIND
- New clothing L, XL, XXL, and XXXL (particularly Sweat Pants)
- Postage Stamps
- Board Games (Pokeno, Poker Chips, Ladder Ball Golf, Corn hole etc..)
- Pop-up Canopy 20 (10X10) for Recreation and Fall Carnival (received 7 thus far)
- Gift cards to support Social Work Service Indigent Veterans from Walmart, Visa, $10.00 cards preferred
In addition to the items listed above, cash contributions for the VA Medical Center are always welcome and appreciated. Please make your check payable to "Camden - Kings Bay Navy League," and mail to Gull Weaver at the address below to arrive no later than December 3rd. Please add "VA" to the memo line on your check. All donations of cash and supplies are tax deductible.
105 Royal Court
St. Marys, GA 31558
All members are welcome to join us on December 12th as we caravan to Lake City to deliver the supplies and spend time with the veterans. The trip is approximately a 90 minute drive and transportation can be provided. We plan on arriving at the Medical Center in Lake City, FL at 10:00 a.m., visit with veterans until 12:00 noon, have lunch on our own from noon to 1:30 p.m., then we'll host BINGO for the veterans from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. We'll leave the medical center after the BINGO tournament has concluded. Please contact Cheryl Aston or Stevie Obee if you wish to join us on this most memorable and worthwhile trip.