Lake City, FL, VA Medical Center Visit - Thursday, July 6th
We are currently collecting donations (cash and supplies) for the visit to the Lake City Medical Center, which cares for veterans from North Florida and South Georgia..
Below is the list of items currently being requested by the Lake City VA Medical Center:
- Individual real sugar and powered cream packets for coffee program by the case
- Comfort Items, to include Men’s Deodorant, Men’s Body Spray, Body Wash, Shampoo
- Crafts of ANY KIND
- New clothing S, M, L, XL, (Sweat Pants)
- Postage Stamps
- Bird House Kits for Restorative care
- Bunn commercial coffee pot for Waycross Outpatient Clinic
- Wheel Chair Gloves
- Board and Other Games (Pokeno, Poker Chips, Ladder Ball Golf, Corn hole, etc.)
- Back scratchers
- Corn Hole Bags
- Non-Toxic, Non-flammable model glue for crafts
- Colored pencils
In addition to donated items listed above, cash contributions to purchase items for the VA Medical Center are always welcome and appreciated. Please make your check payable to "Camden - Kings Bay Navy League," and mail to Gull Weaver at the address below to arrive no later than July 3rd. Please add "VA" to the memo line on your check. All donations of cash and supplies are tax deductible.
105 Royal Court
St. Marys, GA 31558
All members are welcome to join us on July 6th as we caravan to Lake City to deliver the supplies and spend time with the veterans. The trip is approximately a 90 minute drive and transportation can be provided. We plan on arriving at the Medical Center in Lake City, FL at 10:00 a.m., visit with veterans until 12:00 noon, have lunch on our own from noon to 1:30 p.m., then we'll host BINGO for the veterans from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. We'll leave the medical center after the BINGO tournament has concluded. Please contact Cheryl Aston or Stevie Obee if you wish to join us on this most memorable and worthwhile trip.